Sewing to add interest

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Do you ever make a layout and feel the background just needs a little something?  Texture? Color? I run into to this sometimes and although my go to tends to be added paint or ink, this time I did a little something different.



On this layout, I took two colors of thread, a blush and a yellow and sewed a grid in the background.  I just love the way that this turned out.  I used a 6x6 paperpad to pick coordinating colors to back the silhouette flower cuts with.


All of the white leaves are from another project and I had some leftover.  I am glad I saved them because they matched the floral design of this layout perfectly.


I only adhered the edge of each leaf stem so that they would stay fluffy and dimensional on the page.  Then, I finished it off with some white paint splatter.  I love the way it turned out!  Happy Scrapping!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)