Inspired by an Embellishment

Thursday, February 21, 2019

There are times I am sifting through a dye cut pack and see an image that speaks to me.  It either reminds me of a photo that "would be perfect" or a journaling story I would like to tell using that embellishment.  Well, in the case of this layout it was these adorable ice cream and popsicle images.  I recalled an instance last year when we went to Disney World for my youngest's 3rd birthday.  We went and got ice cream because it was incredibly hot, nearing 90 degrees.  It was so hot in fact, our ice cream melted before we even unwrapped them.


I happen to have two packs of the Crate Paper Poolside collection die cuts.  So, it gave me the opportunity to use duplication as a way to add interest to the page.  I also did some mixed media on a couple of water color tags using the smooshing technique and some distress inks.


I used some sewing in a pretty aqua thread to add an additional texture to the layout.


I love how bright and cheerful this layout is.  Look in your stash and get inspired by an embellishment in it!  If you want to see a process video of how I created this layout click here. Happy scrapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)