Grey is the New White?

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Lately, I have been reaching for grey cardstock as a base to many projects.  I think it offers an alternative to white, while still making the other colors pop off the page.  For this layout, I used a free Silhouette die cut to make the arrows.  Then, I chose a 6x6 paper pad of Dear Lizzy papers to back them with.  The arrows were longer than 6 inches, so I had to line some papers making a small seam in the arrow, but you can't even tell if not looking closely.

 
 I used an embellishment cluster around the photo of my daughters at Easter last year to draw your eye to the focal point of the layout.
 
 
This layout came together in 45 minutes including the background cutting and I absolutely love it.  Could it have looked just as good with a white background?  Yes, but the grey just added a little something different to my album.
 
 
I added my journaling to the top using my mm's old word processor.  I challenge you to use grey for a background.  Happy Scrapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)