March Hip Kit Layout: Using Punches

Monday, March 25, 2019

Punches sometimes sit in my drawers untouched for month.  I recent sold a third of my punches on facebook marketplace.  The ones I kept we common shapes like circles and hearts that can be versatile and used for a variety of projects.  Today, I decided to make a layout using a circle punch and scalloped boarder punch.



The colors of this month's Hip Kit lend itself well to summer or outdoorsy photos.  I took some of my favorite patterns and began punching to make a grid. 


I knew these chipboard words were going to act as my title, so I made sure to add pops of black across the page. For the lighter patterned circles, I traced the outline with a black pen to add definition.


This kit came with a bunch of hearts that add pops of color around the layout.  I then used my scalloped border punch to add some blue to the left hand side of the page.  Have you used your punches lately?  If not, give it a try.  Happy scrapping!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)