A Monochromatic Layout

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Hi Everyone! Once in a while when I am in a scrappy slump I like giving myself a challenge.  This time, I let my husband dish it out.  He suggested I make a layout using only one color.  I had some random diecuts sitting in a dish on my work table and notice a good chunk of them were mint green.  This was my starting point, so I got to work.


Since I couldn't use color diversity as a means of interest, I tried to use embellishments with a lot of textures.  I also made the photos black and white, so the green would be the focus.  This layout was a good way to use up some lingering embellishments.


I chose a tic tac toe pattern to allow for the use of multiple photos.  I also wanted to have room to share the story of these cat ears the girls are wearing.  I really enjoyed making this layout and it all started with a challenge.  Have you made a layout using one color? If not, I challenge you to do so.  Happy Scrapping!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)