Repetitive Stamping to Create a Background

Monday, February 11, 2019

There are times I simply cannot find the perfect background paper for a layout.  I have something in mind and just can't find something in my stash to suit my idea.  In this case, I wanted something with phrases related to summertime.  What I did have available was an Ali Edwards stamp set that had an array of phrases relating to sunshine.  This was the grounds for my layout idea.  I cut this sun out with my Silhouette and sprayed it with a variety of yellow and orange mists. 

 
I chose several inks in shades of blue and yellow and began stamping each phrase around the page.  I then used some other stamps that were smaller in size to fill any gaps.
 
 
I added some paper from an American Crafts collection on the bottom of the page and used my scallop border punch to add the pop of yellow.
 
 
Then, to add some texture, I added some summer themed words sporadically around the page in either acetate or plastic. I love the way this page turned out.  It definitely looks handmade.  Happy scrapping!
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)