"Boy Themed" Embellishments On a Girl Layout

Friday, February 15, 2019

When I was pregnant with my first child, I was certain they were going to be a boy.  I could just feel it in my gut.  So, at the next visit to the local scrapbook store Whimsodoodle, I bought Space themed October Afternoon collection to begin a baby album.  Well, here I am 7 years later with now two girls, no boys, and Space themed collection I never quite used.  The challenge this week was to use this collection and scrap one of my girls.


This background paper was from the Dear Lizzy Luck Charm collection.  I had it saved on a shelf I keep for anything I want to use as a background paper in future layouts.  I love how neutral it is.  Perfect to capture my daughter Monroe snuggling in bed with me.
 
 
I then took an array of embellishments from my stash that also had a space theme: various rockets, stars and planets and scattered them in rings around the paper.  I used navy thread to stitch them into place.

 
Then, I used the center of the layout to place my title, which I absolutely love!  This layout came out quite light and airy.  Both of which lends itself to a delicate girly 4 year old.  I challenge you to find something you consider masculine in your stash and use it to create something girly.  Happy scrapping! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)