Let it Snow

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Hi everyone! I was in the mood to make a Christmas card and wanted to achieve some dimension while still only making it one layer.  I went for a vintage feel as well.

The first step in achieving this was to start with some cream cardstock and stamp out the large "Let it Snow" sentiment.  I then stamped out the same sentiment on masking paper and fussy cut each letter out and used them to mask off the sentiment in on the card.  This allowed me to stamp the scene around and on top of the sentiment. 

I stamped only the stops of the trees and used a copic marker to make the trunk brown.

 
The hill that the trees sit on is actually from the string stamp in the Let it Snow Lawn Fawn stamp set.  Then, I stamped different snowflakes and used some distress ink in antique linen to age the card.

 
Finally, I added the two smaller Let it Snow sentiments to make the sentiment read just like the song.  I peeled off the masking and voila!  I just love this card.
 
Thanks for stopping by --Nicole

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)