A New Year Birthday Card?!

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hi Guys!  I have a card to share with you today that I am entering in both the Simon Wednesday Challenge and the Colour Q challenge using the below color combo.


 
I made this card for my brother whose birthday was on January 2nd. So, I want it to look a little New Year's like as well. I finally got the falling star background from SSS and could not wait to use this new product. The Simon Wednesday challenge asked that you focus on something new, so this was the perfect opportunity. They also requested you highlight some MFT stamp products. This was not a difficult task since I love MFT!

 
I used some MFT cardstock in black liquorice and steel grey.  Behind the falling star die, I added some American Craft glitter tape in gold.  I also covered some paper with the same gold tape and die cut my brother's age out of it using the MFT by the numbers die.

 
This little potty person is from the MFT Boy meets Girl die set.  I used some wink of stella in clear to make him have a shimmer.  I added some gold puffy stars and called the front done.

 
I kept the inside simple and stamped it with an MFT sentiment.  I love the finished product!--Nicole

4 comments:

  1. Awesome job putting those colors together! I love that card ^-^ XOXO, Karla

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card, Nicole! Happy 2014 and thanks for joining us at the colourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great guy card! Love the gold. Thank you for playing along in with our Something New Challenge this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)