Baby Card

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Hi Everyone!  I know it's been a while since my last post.  Between Halloween, fall festival, and the pumpkin patch we've been a busy family.  During that time, I had an opportunity to make this card.  I am so pleased with the way it turned out.  It was so much fun, I left my distress inks out on my desk to play with in future card making.

I started with some 110 pound white card stock as my base.  Then, I die cut a few clouds out of masking paper and stuck them in various spots on the white base.  Then using three distress inks, applicators and a craft mat I made this amazing background.  Finally, I peeled off the cloud masks.
 



I colored the stork using copic markers and cut her out.  I also stamped her directly onto the background of the card so that I did not have to cut around her legs.  I added a few clear bling to depict stars in the sky and hand cut a banner.  I kept the colors gender neutral so the card could be for either a boy or girl.
 

 
I used some Studio Calico paper for the inside and a border die.  Then stamped a few random stars and a sentiment. See you soon!

 
 

1 comment:

  1. I really love the layout of this card. The gems in the sky are perfect! Reminds me of rain.. I am out and about checking out blogs.. thanks for letting me peek at yours, and for trying out for the TAWS DT. :) I will be in touch soon.. HUGS -Ali

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)