Altered Frame: Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What a week...  Anybody ready for it to be Christmas yet?!  I know I am!  I made my sister-in-law this frame using the Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 collection.  I love this collection because it is vintage and whimsical all at the same time.  To accomplish this look, I covered the frame using designer paper sprayed in Gold Glimmer Mist and edged with black soot distress ink.  Then I used tulle to lace up the side of the frame and enhance a charm I bought from Michaels.  The flowers are a combination of Prima and iamroses.  I need some advice on taking photos for the blog.  The first two pictures below are using two different settings on my camera.  Which setting makes the photo look more clear, the first or second??


 I used a Tim Holtz book plate and a sticker from the collection to make the title.  Then, I poured glossy accents inside to give it a clear, shiny coat.  BTW...the rust colored flower is from a pack of the kind you could win in the giveaway!

 The two flowers holding the bird charm are hand-made paper flowers using the 3D flower sizzix die.  They were really fun to make (and easy).

Have a great holiday!--Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I just became a follower, and I love this frame and the layout you did!!! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)