Joining in the MFT "Get Sketchy" Fun!

Wednesday, November 20, 2013



Hi Guys,

I just got back from vacation and have missed the feel and smell of brand new 6x6 paper pads.  Thanks to my friend Karla who got me the Pink Paislee color wash collection.  I decided to use it for my card this week.  Below you can find the MFT sketch I based my card off of.

 
I chose to make a vertical card, rather than horizontal but stuck pretty closely to the original sketch. I used several MFT dies and a two stamp set as well.  There will be a complete supply list at the bottom of this posting.  First, let's talk about how I made this card.
 
I decided to make the round focal point out of pie chart dies.  To emphasize the different pieces of the pies, I outlined everything using a .01 pen.  I do not own any dies that die cut the same shape in a straight line, so I used a small star from an old MFT set called the Notched Tag set and made my own star strip pattern. 
 
 
I put the pie chart on dimensional adhesive to add some interest; however it still keeps the card narrow enough to mail.  I added some star bling and that was all there was to it.

 
I kept the inside simple, only including a sentiment so that there was plenty of room to add a message to the recipient. 

 
Hope you enjoyed this fun card!
 
Supply List:
 
MFT Notched Tag die
MFT All Star Daily die
MFT Pie Chart die
MFT Polka Dot Greeting stamp set
MFT Off the Chart stamp set
Pink Paislee Color Wash 6x6 pad
American Craft Precision Pen 01
Versa Fine Black Ink
 
 

1 comment:

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)